Monday 21 June 2010

Summer Solstice in NY - ManhattanHenge, Yoga and Goldfinger in the Park




Up at the crack of dawn this morning to see the sun rise on the 21st June. It wasn´t much of a spectacle from East 34th St, too many buildings in the way, but......tonight, I'm reliably informed that 34th St is one of the few streets that runs from river to river across Manahattan and the sunset therefore should be worth a look. Watch this space.

By 7.30 am I was in Times Square, along with huge numbers of Yoga enthusiasts, who were preparing for their solstice celebrations. Quite a sight to behold once they got limbered up and working in unison.

After that I spent a while on the beach in Times Square, just drinking iced coffee watching everyone make their way to work or wherever, and when that brought nothing out of the ordinary I decided ot make my way back down to East 34th. However on my way, I stumbled upon a new public art work, yet to be unveiled, promoting 'The Fashion District' - I wonder if it will last until the 24th, or will someone's curiosity get the better of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment