Thursday 10 June 2010

Ok who sent the rain karma because I was going to see Norah Jones for free?


Well no rain since I arrived on the 1st June, but boy did it make up for it yesterday. The cloud descended on New York and it started to 'hoy it doon' at about 11am and was still going at midnight. I'm thinking that some of my so called friends read that I was going to see Norah, thought 'Jammy Bugger' and then collectively muttered under their breath "I hope it rains" haha.

Well it's not every day I would turn down the opportunity for an open air concert with Nora Jones, but when your feet already squelch, your trousers stick to your legs, your bra is in danger of being invaded by tadpoles, and all of this before your stand in the middle of a park for two hours.......sometimes it's just right to accept your fate and realise it's just not meant to be. Which is what we did.

However.........last night as the wet clothes had been abandoned in favour of warm pyjamas, and I was wondering if the concert had even gone ahead.....tada!....... Norah is doing another Freebie, this time on Friday morning in Central Park, with Sarah Mclachlan.......so you see it was fate, I wasn't supposed to see her in Brooklyn. (And to all of you who wished it would rain...........ner ner, ner ner ner - have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment