Friday 11 June 2010

Distracted yet again



I went shopping today, well it's almost mandatory in New York, but doesn´t hold my attention for long, as per usual. I walked down 5th Avenue, Park Avenue and Madison. Louis Vuitton makes me want to be sick, although the window was quite pretty, along with most of the other designer stores. I prefer the kitch, the crass and the unusual, so yes basically I have no taste at all, never had, but to coin a phrase 'am I bothered'. I find the street far more interesting than the shops and take the subway half way home so I can explore a different route to see what there is to be discovered. I'm rewarded with various examples of street art and interesting people, none of which can be bought or packaged and forgotten in the bottom of the wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment