Wednesday 30 June 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane


Well my final day in New York. Have just about finished fighting with my suitcase, it's not that there's no room it's just that I don't want to pay excess baggage, and line the pockets of the airlines any more than necessary.
Ive avoided losing all of my photos by realising the hard drive I purchased would have needed to be formatted from Mac to PC when I got home, which would have instigated a major temper tantrum back in England.
Ive had my last breakfast on the terrace, watching the sun rise on the shining beauty of the Chrysler Building, and in two days time when I'm having breakfast back at home I won't hear the drone of traffic, honking taxis and the shrieking of sirens, but the sound of seagulls calling and church bells chiming.

My top moments here where: Amanda's graduation, seeing the rest of my family all together, the Dyke March, Sarah McLachlan and Norah Jones in concert, Figment Festival, The Mermaid Parade, The International Centre for Photography, hearing Alicia Keys sing Empire State of Mind live, Event Horizon by Anthony Gormley and whiling away time in the many parks and coffee shops just observing and photographing New Yorkers and their wonderful city.

Will North Shields seem quiet by comparison? Yes, but home is home and I'm ready to return. My batteries and senses are fully re-charged and I'm ready to get on with my life now.

Goodbye New York, see you again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment