Monday 7 June 2010

Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions. - Coco Chanel



After weeding the garden earlier this morning and watering and feeding all of the plants i set off for a walk in an northerly direction. No real set idea, just that general direction and see what happens. Within a few blocks I reach Chrysler Building - "ah so that's what it looks like from ground level. Shiney, smooth, glistening, expensive, oozing a seductive timeless style. It draws my eye from ground level up to the tip of the Art Deco Gem. Today was a day for admiring the buildings, their shape, age and intricacies, looking not at street level, but well above and a whole plethora or golden details made themselves known to me, be it with scuplture, inscription, age, style, shape, reflection. I lost myself in a sea of buildings, some pretty, some tired, some sad, some splendid, but all speaking to me throughout the afternoon. Here are three of my favourite views.

No comments:

Post a Comment