Wednesday 16 June 2010

The most expensive art I've ever seen in one day


Went to MOMA today, the Modern Art Museum. Main reason for going being the two photographic exhibitions they currently have running, Henry Cartier-Bresson and a history of Women in Photography. Both excellent, not too crowded and with and entry charge of only $20, I did the rest of the six floor building and saw the likes of Klimt, Matisse, Picasso, Van Gogh, Warhol, Pollock, Khalo etc etc etc. I can take or leave some of them, some of them I understand and some of them I just don't get. I like going to galleries, one of the reasons being is that I'm often surprised just how big or small the actual original paintings are and I like to see them close up and find the detail that is lost in reproduction for publications. The other reason being is that in going to see the ones that I know I will like, I often discover new artists that I was unaware of and they can lead into some interesting new avenues to explore.

So do you know art when you see it? Of the three pics above, which one is an exhibit at MOMA?

Answer on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment